Monday, February 11, 2013

TEXTING


 Texting has become such a big part of our daily lives. It seems like no one really talks to each other anymore, they just text one another. I can be guilty of that myself sometimes. It’s just so much easier to text someone rather than dial their number, let it ring, wait for them to answer and   if they don’t answer, you have to wait through their voice recording and finally leave a voice mail. Why go through all that when you can just text your message, send it, and wait for a reply. It’s more convenient and to the point. It would be hard to live without texting now that we’ve gotten so used to it. We use our cell phones for texting so much we don’t even give it a second thought anymore. It just comes natural for us.

The worse thing about texting is all those people who text and drive. It amazes me how many people think they can achieve these two tasks at the same time. Lives of innocent people are put in danger. The consequences are real when texting and driving goes wrong. When I see people texting and driving I get so mad because I know my family is sharing the road with these people. They need to think about what they are doing and ask themselves, “Is my text message so important that I need to risk injuring someone else who is innocently sharing the road with me?”

 

 

14 comments:

  1. I agree with you that texting and driving is a major problem. On many occasions I've had drivers weave into the lane I'm in because of their habits with texting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that texting while driving is not okay. Also the convenience of texting is why most of us use it were always on the go so if you send a message you're not waiting for a quick response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you. They should ask themselves if putting someone’s life at risk worth the text. Until something bad happens they won’t learn and that is when it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Texting is natural to us now. Calling would be my second option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it would be hard to live without texting now that we're used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Texting is a great source of communication, but you should never put your life in danger because of it. Texting can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is true. people who drive while texting need to realize that they can cause an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get pretty upset as well when i see people texting while they are driving, its shocking how they don't think about the consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When i see people texting and driving gives me more determination to become a police officer and so i could give them a 2,000 dollar ticket and get their phones and throw them to the ground and step on them. Maybe just run over the phone with the car too as i am taking off..

    ReplyDelete
  11. We should bring back writing letters to people.George Washington style!!! I bet thousands of lifes would be spared!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Texting and driving is really a hazard and people should think about before doing it because they can be involved in an accident that may turnout to be fatal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Texting and drving is really dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isnt it weird that convenience is completely taking over our lives?

    ReplyDelete