Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Student Interveiw


Student Interview

     One student attending Oxnard Community College that I had the pleasure of meeting was Julio Lopez. I found him to be very personable and easy to talk to. He is 22 years old and was born in Mexico. He is the eldest of five siblings. Being a role model and mentor to his siblings is very important to him. The two people that inspire him the most are his mother and father. Because of their immigration status they feel they have to work harder. Majoring in sociology, Julio is a full time student and semi pro soccer player. His hope is to achieve a Division 1 university scholarship. One of the things that impressed me the most was his drive and determination. Despite living quite a distance away in Palmdale CA he leaves his home at 5am three days out of the week to attend class and practice soccer here and at times also in Santa Clarita and doesn’t get home until about 9:30 in the evening. He makes sure to sneak in a healthy meal and maintain a well-balanced diet. He knows his hard work will eventually pay off. In the future he sees himself obtaining a bachelor’s degree in sociology and maybe a wife and kids. Joining the military is a possibility and he would like to become a federal officer. He feels having a military background will be helpful in getting to where he eventually wants to be. The three words Julio would describe himself as are driven, motivated, and athletic, and that’s the impression that I get as well. I believe he will achieve his goals.  

4 comments:

  1. I give Julio alot of Kudos for doing what he does. It's rare to see a young man so driven and focused on ones goals. I hope he makes his dream of playing in the pros one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Julio seems to be a quite driven individual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julio seems like a very down to earth guy who knows what his goals are in life. It surprises me that hes that motivated to get up at 5 am to do what he loves to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julio sure does sound like he has a lot of determination. With the perseverance that is described in your blog, he’s surely going to fulfill his dreams. Thanks for sharing, Donald.

    ReplyDelete