Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Past,Present and Future


            My past , what can I say , it’s been a struggle, to the fact that I was raised by my grandmother along with my brother because my mom was in Prison and my dad was in Viet Nam in the Marine Corp fighting in the War during the years 1968-1969 . It was a hard life because there ,was now six of us in a two bedroom house and my grandmother only worked part time so that left all of us boy’s to fend for ourselves in any way possible and we did. I remember I use to eat a lot of fruit that I would pick off the trees in the neighborhood .Well we all ended up in jail by the year 1985 for various reasons I ended up with a seven year sentence in the California Youth Authority but that was the past.

          My Present is here and now and I must say it is going well for not only myself, but for my family as well.  I’m back in school, which I never thought could be possible and the best part is, I’m actually good at this learning stuff. Who would have ever known that all I had to do was show up, listen and do the work that was given to me and the rest will take care of itself. I guess that’s basically true about life in general because if I do what I’m supposed in life then I guess the rest will take care of itself!!                 

            Now my future, what can I say?  I do have some big plans. As far as my education goes, I plan to obtain my Degree in auto technology. I plan on opening my own Auto Shop and I would love to own my own house one day soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donald,
    I found your blog to be heartfelt, knowing that you had a hard childhood life and overcame it. Now that you've grown your fulfilling your dreams and I wish you the best of luck with your career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Donald,
    I want to congragulate you for the changes you have made in your life. Good luck in you future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Donald,
    Good luck in school and hope to see your Auto Shop around town pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is amazing to know how your life was before to now and how you have made your changes and have set your goals to better your life. i hope that you get your auto shop.

    ReplyDelete